September 4, 2013

Round 2

Today I started my second round of Provera. I'm not thrilled! Last time I was on Provera I hated it and I don't have high hopes for this time.  Today is cd79, so I knew it was inevitable that I would take the medication, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like it. They called to schedule my HSG yesterday and pelvic u/s today, but told me that they want me on cd7, so I couldn't get that scheduled. I guess I'll be calling them in 10-12 days. I'm having some anxiety about my cycles though. Since we aren't going to do anything until after the HSG & pelvic u/s results come back I won't be on any medication for my next cycle and I'm worried that I won't ovulate again. This used to never be a fear for me, but now it is a very real one. I'm planning on taking Vitex once I finally start my cycle and know that is supposed to help, so we'll see. I'm getting pretty desperate. I'm really hoping that the 3 cycles after the HSG are successful for us and we will have a baby next year.

On to more exciting things...the surprise party for my dad was a total success! Although no one was really able to make it he was completely surprised! One of his best friends was able to make it and we had a lot of fun. During the meal they sat around telling stories making us laugh like crazy then we had a great time with the cake (my sister lit the candles with a blowtorch), and then watched a funny movie today. All in all it was a great night! I missed my two boys back home like crazy, but really enjoyed the time with my parents and especially my sister!

I met the new doctor that I'm working with yesterday. She seems really nice and I look forward to working with her. I'm nervous though because that's how the previous surgeon I worked for was at first and she turned out to be way off her rocker! I hope the same thing doesn't happen again. Being back in ob/gyn this week has been bittersweet! I absolutely love the people I work with down there, but mentally/emotionally I can't handle working around all the pregnant women. If only I could get pregnant! There is a new position that just opened up in that department and if I could get pregnant or didn't want any kids of my own yet, I would be begging to stay there, but that just isn't the case. Oh well, here's to lots of changes and hop fully some good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment