September 18, 2013

Snow...

Snow has officially arrived in Alaska. Go ahead and double check your calendar...yes it's only September 18th! I get that I live in Alaska and that snow is expected, but this is just too darn soon. This is the start of my third winter in Fairbanks, but we typically don't get snow until September 30th and even then it doesn't stick until mid-Octoberish (yes, Octoverish is now a word). While it isn't technically sticking to the streets and sidewalks, it is sticking to our grass at this point. It's supposed to "warm" up to the lower 40's today which will melt the snow in theory, but we'll see. We didn't make it out of the 30's yesterday. My little furbaby has never really experienced snow I don't think. While he was born in early February and we had snow until May, I don't know how much he was out in it because we didn't get him until June. So I'm considering this his first snow. Unfortunately I was not feeling well this morning so I didn't get to take him out in it and see what he thought. My husband let him out earlier, but didn't say anything about how Jacks handled the snow. I'm still trying to be optimistic that the snow will not still and accumulate, but seeing as how it has been snowing for approximately the last 5 hours and shows no sign up letting up. Time to fire up the crock pot, dig out the hot chocolate, turn on the heats, stock up on movies & xbox games, and bring on the blankets...winter is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment