August 30, 2013

Surprise!!!

Next weekend my dad will be 60. So my sister and I decided to throw a surprise party for him. We decided to do it the weekend before his birthday because it's Labor Day weekend and we figured that more people would be able to make it since it was a holiday weekend. Well, that was a great thought, but it didn't really work out. As of right now there is only one other person aside from me that is coming from out of town, but I don't think he'll care. I booked my ticket to come back to Texas about a month ago and wasn't able to call home or talk to them at all so I wouldn't ruin the surprise. I flew in yesterday afternoon and my sister picked me up from the airport. She had arranged to meet out for dinner and the look on my dad's face was priceless! We definitely surprised him! He was totally shocked. My mom knew about the party and knew that I was coming in, but didn't know when, so we were still able to surprise her. I'm looking forward to the party tomorrow. We made an amazing cake for him and have all kinds of fun decorations planned. Getting him out of the house tomorrow has proved a bit challenging, but I think we finally got that squared away It's been so nice being back at my parents house and I'm having a blast being with my sister again. However, I miss my two boys back home like crazy! I've never been the one to leave, I'm used to  being the one left behind so this is odd for me. The best part about this whole trip is getting my mind off my infertility. Of course the stupid headaches are still going strong, so that totally sucks and infertility isn't completely gone, but it's not as prevalent in my mind as normal. I'm totally looking forward to our "party" tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment