April 26, 2013

Infertility Awareness Week

Depression, anger, heart break, pain....those are the words that first come to my mind when I think about infertility. When I first heard about infertility and infertility treatments in nursing school I always pictured it involving/effecting women ages 35 and older. I never even thought about it effecting young women. My husband and I have been married for 4 years. I've been off birth control for 3 years. We've been trying for a full calendar year currently and a cumulative total of 2 years. We had to take breaking during our TTC journey because of his training and deployement schedule.

I would never wish infertility upon anyone. It is such a painful process to go through. It has been very eye opening for me. It definitely makes you look at life differently. It makes you examine your views on conception & modern technology. While I have learned so much since starting our fertility treatments 6 months ago I really hope that our infertility journey will come to an end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment