November 11, 2013

Adoption No Go

Well our adoption meeting on Friday was absolutely horrible! We left there and both agreed that adoption wasn't for us. The Reed shocked the crap outta me and said that he would rather try several rounds of IVF before looking into adoption again. What a huge change! Last year at this time he didn't want anything to do with IVF.

Here's the details on our adoption appointment. We show up at 1300, my poor husband sounded so sick and was totally exhausted from being in the field all week, and go to the door to find the building locked. As we are halfway back to the car (because it's cold and snowing) someone comes running to open the door for us. We proceed to tell them why they are they and they go to tell the lady that we're there and tell us it'll be a few minutes. Twenty minutes passes and we are about to leave when the lady at the desk decides to finally call the lady we were supposed to meet with to tell us that we were there because she isn't even in the building!! Seriously?!? Finally we get back to the lady's office (30 minutes late) and proceed with the "interview." We find out that we are at the top of their bracket for income so it'll cost us $21,500 to adopt. Ugh! Then she is telling us about a couple who adopted from overseas to show us the difference in the process and in the middle of the story says that they are adopting because they care about children, not because they can't conceive. I was so hurt by that! I felt like she was telling us that we didn't care about kids! Are you kidding me?!? Do you know what we have put ourselves through in order to have a child of our own?!? Do not ever tell me that I don't care about kids because I wouldn't be doing everything that I'm doing if I didn't care! After that I honestly stopped listening and did everything I could to keep from crying.

As soon as we walked out of that office we decided that we would NEVER go through them to adopt a child. If we do decide to look into adoption again then we will look to other agencies in the lower 48. However, we're going to keep our fingers crossed that this next round of IUI with Femara with work. Just waiting on AF to arrive now.

2 comments:

  1. What an awful experience! Sounds like that agency needs some new staff! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your next IUI brings you your rainbow baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely need new people there!

      Delete