October 23, 2013

Entering the Operating Room

I spent the first half of my career as a RN taking care of people after surgery in the hospital and the second half of my career taking care of them in the physician office before and after surgery. However today I finally got to help take care of my patients IN the operating room! The surgeon that I work with is just out of residency and not jaded to the world of surgery and has wanted me to come into the operating room with her since her first OR day basically. This finally happened today. It was AMAZING!! I love everything about it. We did a total of 3 surgeries today and after the first one I relaxed and really enjoyed it all. My surgeon and our OR staff were amazing and not intimidating at all which totally helped!! I can't wait to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment