June 1, 2013

I don't how much more I can handle

My lovely doctor was kind enough to go ahead with the follicle scans for this cycle to try for the IUI. Initially she just wanted to do timed intercourse and a progesterone level on cd21, but after I explained our hopes for the summer she agreed to do the scans. Well, today was my first follicle scan of this cycle. I'm currently cd12 and yet again there isn't much of anything there. The biggest one she saw was 11. The plan is to go back on Monday (cd15) for another scan and see if anything has matured. I plan to continue with the opk to see if I catch something and the timed intercourse. I want to give this month the best chance ever. I know everyone says that it will happen when God wants it to or when the time is right and that this isn't on my time schedule. I'm so tired of hearing all that crap! I look around and see everyone else getting exactly what they want when they want it and I get nothing but failure and heartache. I know that I would be a great mother and that my husband is going to be an amazing father, so why can't we have that opportunity. Our marriage is stronger than ever now and we are  in a great place financially to have a child. Yet, nothing happens. My body continues to fail me. I really thought this was going to be our month; to be fair I know that there is still a chance, but this is definitely not going the way I thought it would. I really thought that with the 100mg of Clomid I would produce more than one nice big follicle and here I am with barely one. Up until last time when I would come in for my cd12 scan I would have a follicle that was at least 14-16 and several smaller ones. Nope, not this time.
I've started reading a new book that an OB-Gyn doctor I work with gave me that talks about nutrition and fertility. I'm ready to completely change my diet from what I enjoy to what this book is suggesting which is mostly fish  and veggies to include lots of mushrooms. The problem is that I really don't like fish and hate mushrooms. That's how desperate I'm getting.
In other fabulous news I have developed a sun allergy. Can you believe it?!? I have gotten this horrible burning/itching rash the last two times I have spent much time outside. So yesterday I told my husband that I thought I was allergic to the sun. Just like anyone who is married to a person who can be a hypochondriac at times he blew me off. Yet to appease me he looked it up online and turns out I was right. It happens in approx 15% of the population and occurs when your skin is exposed to sudden changes. My skin hasn't really been exposed to many hot sunny days since we moved to Alaska in December 2010. Gosh that sounds like soo long ago!! I think that I'm going to try repeat exposure to sun and see if I can overcome it. From what we read the horrible rash/reactions will go away most of the time once you "harden" your skin, which simply means continue going out in the sun. I don't know if it's the lack of hot sun or the fertility meds that have caused this, but I will not let it keep me from enjoying my short summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment